Pages

Friday, September 25, 2015

Meet Andrew Williams: Yankee Barn Homes Architectural Engineer

                                                   

  Yankee Barn Homes Architectural Engineer, Andrew Williams, is one multi-faceted person. As you’ll see and read in this interview, Andy has many talents, and does them all extremely well!
YBH: Tell us a bit about yourself.


Andrew: Originally from Springfield VT, both sides of my family worked in the Machine Tool Industry. My father was a mechanical engineer and my mother a teacher. I have a BS from Keene State College in Design Technology and 20 years’ experience as an architectural designer. I’m married (wife Susan) and live in Unity NH with 4 cats and a great dane named Darwin. I am an avid gardener, musician, and oil painter, among other things. My wife and I also hybridize Hostas (the plant) and build things with stone.
YBH: What drew you to Yankee Barn Homes?

Andrew: I originally worked at Yankee Barn Homes beginning in the mid-90s where I worked part time in the shop while going back to college at Keene State. Eventually I was promoted into the Design Department at YBH. I left YBH in 2008 and came back this year. YBH has always been a fun, personal and positive place to work.
YBH: Explain your job process.

Andrew: I am responsible for converting architectural plans into shop drawings from which wall and roof panel components are built by the shop. I also create the layouts from which timber frame pieces are cut. The YBH projects are modeled in 3-D CAD software. Based on these models, building components can be created, analyzed and used to generate accurate production blueprints.
YBH: What’s on Your Calendar at YBH?

Andrew: There has been a steady flow of residential projects since I started in January; three projects going up now. I’m currently working on two more good-size homes. I have also been very active in updating our design processes.

If you would like more information about Yankee Barn Home options you can explore our floor plan options, call and talk to one of our design consultants at 800-258-9786 or fill out this short online form.



Source by :www.yankeebarnhomes.com/2015/09/24/meet-andrew-williams-yankee-barn-homes-architectural-engineer/

0 comments:

Post a Comment